WeThrive: Learn and experience the art and science of happiness (June-July, 2022)
WeThrive is a university-wide learning programme designed to equip students with a set of intellectual, intrapersonal, and interpersonal capabilities for nurturing student positive strengths and holistic developments in the University and beyond.
Topics will, among others, cover:
– What are ingredients to happiness and productivity?
– What roles do positive and negative emotions play in a thriving life?
– How to explore and utilize character strengths to overcome challenges?
– How to recognize thinking traps and cultivate an optimistic mindset?
– How to foster engagement and make healthy habits stick?
– How to sharpen sense of meaning by setting and committing to goals?
– How to strengthen positive relationships?
– How to cope with stress through mindfulness, self-compassion, cognitive restructuring and more?
Dr. Maggie Zhao is currently Director of the Teaching and Learning Evaluation and Measurement Unit at HKU and President of International Positive Psychology Association Education Division. A positive psychologist studied from the founder of positive psychology, Professor Martin Seligman, Maggie is passionate about helping students thrive and enhancing their positive learning experience.
Full-time HKU undergraduate students are welcome to apply. Application is now open until May 29, 2022.
More details about WeThrive: http://wethrive.hku.hk